Delish Dish… Stuffed Pepper Soup
Stuffed Pepper Soup
In our never ending search of healthy quick meals, we came across this gem! We love stuffed peppers and fix them in the summer when we can get peppers from our garden or local farmers market, and when I came across this recipe from Organize Yourself Skinny, I thought “Why did I never think about turning stuffed peppers into a soup”. Everything about this makes perfect sense for soup season!
This delish dish is a great meal prep option too, make a double batch and freeze half in serving size containers and pop them in the freezer for a quick grab and go meal when you are short on time. We have even gotten creative and adapted it for our crockpot, when we know we were going to have a crazy day and need a hot healthy meal for when we get home. We just brown the turkey and then add the remaining ingredients to the crockpot and then off we work we go.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups chopped bell pepper (any color)
- 1 quart beef stock
- 1 (15-ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup minute brown rice
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven, or large soup pot, and cook turkey until it is no longer pink.
- Stir in the onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and Worchester sauce.
- Add in the bell peppers and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the beef stock, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Stir in rice and cook until rice is cooked and peppers are tender, about 10 minutes.
Notes: This soup can be made ahead of time and frozen into portions Reheat on stove or in microwave.
Serving size: 1½ cups Calories: 190