Fall Flavors YUM!
This chicken dish with sweet potatoes and apple is packed with all the flavors that will spark your memories of the best of fall’s flavors.
Chicken, Sweet Potato, and Apples
Prep time 10 mins, Cook time 13 mins, Total time 23 mins, Serves: 4 servings
- 3 tsp. olive oil, divided use
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium tart cooking apples (like Granny Smith or pippin), peeled, cored, finely chopped
- 2 cups cubed baked sweet potato, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup raisins
- 8 oz. cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless, chopped
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh sage
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- Heat 1½ tsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and apples; cook, stirring frequently, for 6 to 7 minutes, or until mixture begins to brown. Place in a large bowl.
- Add potato, raisins, chicken, sage, salt, pepper, and paprika; mix well.
- Heat remaining 1½ tsp. oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add apple mixture, pat into an even layer in pan; cook, without stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Stir gently; cook an additional 2 minutes, or until it begins to brown. Serve immediately.
Recipe by: Beachbody